This has to be one of the quickest and easiest meals I’ve prepared. It’s flavourful and absolutely perfect for a casual dinner with friends or a fun brunch.
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 200g soft goat’s cheese or goat’s curd
- 2 teaspoons lemon thyme leaves
- 2 cups shredded rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 180C (350F). to make the rocket gremolata, place the rocket, parsley, lemon rind and oil in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Place the eggs, cream, milk, parmesan, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour into a 1.5-litre-capacity ovenproof dish. Top the frittata with spoonfuls of goat’s cheese and sprinkle with thyme.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the frittata is almost set. Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve with the gremolata. Serves 4
Donna Hay – The New Easy pg 23