Highly recommend buying fresh pasta and if you’re looking for a healthier option spiralize zucchini or bake spaghetti squash to replace the pasta. This recipe feels like comfort food that’s lighter and leaner. Delicious, a new fav for lazy evenings with a movie.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup oregano leaves
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 500g chicken mince (ground chicken)
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g pappardelle
- finely grated pecorino, to serve
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the oregano and cook for 1-2 minutes or until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the onion, garlic and tarragon to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the chicken mince and cook, breaking up and lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5-7 minutes or until golden. Add the wine, tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 5-7minutes or until reduced.
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, add to the sauce and top to combine. Divide the pasta between bowls and top with the crispy oregano and pecorino to serve. Serves 4
Donna Hay – The New Easy pg 12