This is delicious! It’s from Donna Hay Kids Magazine 2012. There are a lot of ingredients but it’s well worth making. The bread is light, fluffy and full of flavour. This bread would be perfect for a tuna melt.
- 2 1/2 cups (374g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) grated cheddar
- 1 cup (120g) grated zucchini (courgette)
- 1 cup (160g) sweetcorn kernels
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced
- 2/3 cup (160ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- cheddar slices, extra, and tomato chutney, to serve
Preheat oven to 180C (350F). place the flour, grated cheese, zucchini, sweetcorn and green onion in a bowl and mix to combine. Please the oil, milk, eggs, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and whisk to combine. Add the zucchini mixture and stir until well combined. Pour into a lightly greased 8cm x 22cm (1.75 litre capacity) loaf tin lined with non stick backing paper. Back for 55-60 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Serve with cheese slices and chutney. Serves 8.