A healthy easy dip for mid week functions. I added the lemon and cumin, it wonderful.
- 1 x 400g can white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (cilantro), cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Place the beans, garlic, coriander, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and olive oil in the bowl of a small food processor and process until smooth. Serve with char-grilled bread, prosciutto and roasted capsicum. Serves 2.
+ You could try different flavour combinations in this dip, such as adding spices like ground cumin or paprika and lemon juice to taste. Or stir through fresh herbs such as chopped parsley and mint. Serve as part of an anitpasti platter with cold meats and marinated vegetables or as a dip with baked pita chips, toasted Turkish bread or crunchy ciabatta.